I think that technology has a huge role to play in the classroom. Teachers can use technology to help adapt the lesson to better fit a child's learning needs. Technology can also increase a child's interest in a particular subject. I think that there are countless ways technology can be implemented in the classroom. I also believe that technology should be used to enhance instruction and not take away from it.
Smart Boards can replace traditional chalk or white boards in a classroom. These screens can be connected to the teacher's computer as well as the school's internet connection. There are plenty of interactive lessons which can be done on this board in subjects such as spelling, science, math just to name a few.
Another way to implement technology into education is to have students set up or receive a school email account! This way teachers can send students reminders about upcoming homework assignments or test or projects. This tool will also give students a way to contact their teacher while not in school in case there is a question about an assignment.
At first introducing technology into the classroom will be a little bit of a struggle but once a teacher eases into it and becomes more familiar with how to use technology the possibilities are endless!
I agree, there are multiple ways a teacher can implement technology in the classroom. I know in my high school math classes, I found the smartboards to be very useful because it allowed me to better see what the teacher was trying to get across!
ReplyDelete